Sunday, June 26, 2011

Honey Bear Chicken

My sister shared this recipe with me several years ago.
 I like that it can be made a day ahead and that  it's simple and inexpensive.
It is also gluten free.
2-3 lbs chicken, cut up
I use skinless, boneless thighs

MARINADE:
1 cup tomato sauce
1/4 cup cider vinegar
1/4 cup oil
2 Tbsp honey
2 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp salt
dash cayenne powder
Bring marinade ingredients to a boil. Reduce to low heat. Simmer and stir occasionally until thick. Let cool. Pour over chicken and toss. Marinate 2 to 3 hours at room temperature or 24 hours in refrigerator. Grill.

Posted by PicasaI put everything in a large baggie, this makes it an easy clean up, especially when we are camping.
I will be sharing this recipe to these parties:
Gold Star Wednesday
This Week's Cravings
Gluten Free Wednesdays
Mouthwatering Monday
Foodie Friday
What's on the Menu Wednesday
Simply Delish

4 comments:

  1. Your chicken looks delish. I have had chicken with honey and chili powder, but not with tomato sauce? It sounds so good and I will definitely be trying it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing with

    Simply Delish Saturday

    Our recipe party is ready for this week. We'd love you to join in again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I'm visiting via Foodie Friday. I'm so glad I stopped by your blog as I am always looking for new and delicious recipes. Thanks so much for sharing your chicken recipe! I can't wait to try it as I only just yesterday bought some cider vinegar...what great timing!

    Best wishes and happy weekend,
    Natasha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! We're campers, too and this looks like the perfect camping recipe. Delicious.

    ReplyDelete