Sunday, June 6, 2010

Chocolate Gravy

This is a family favorite and has been requested from my children for special occasions and birthdays. Sorry to say it has no nutritional value but it is delicious and a breeze to make. I will be posting this to Tempt my Tummy Tuesday and Foodie Friday.

Ingredients:
2/3 cup butter
1/2 cup sugar
2 Tablespoons cocoa
2 Tablespoons flour
1 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla

 Melt butter in a skillet over a medium heat.
While butter is melting, mix sugar, flour and cocoa.
Pour into melted butter. Stir.
Add milk and cook until thick. Add vanilla.
Posted by PicasaServe immediately over biscuits.


Sliced bananas go great with the gravy. You could also spread peanut butter on your open biscuits before adding the chocolate gravy.


10 comments:

  1. That looks absolutely delicious. I've never had chocolate gravy, but I've been meaning to for a while now. Your children were so lucky to grow up with such a wonderful cook as a mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!! I never heard of this either! I live in Texas, you think I would of seen these before! :) Just notice your profile picture. I have the same cookie jar, it was my mothers- I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so yummy - I can't wait to make it for my kids too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My grandma used to make this and we love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My grandmother used to make this as well in Southern Middle Tennessee!!!!! She used to do the 'dump' method when cooking and I never had the exact recipe..ThankS so much for posting!!
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun!!! That is such a neat idea for a kids special dessert/ treat.Thanks for the recipe and linking to Tempt My Tummy Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never - ever heard of chocolate gravy. What else have I been missing all these years?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Chocolate gravy - what a name! I don't know... chocolate has a lot of antioxidants in it, so I'd say there's some nutritional value in your gravy.

    :)
    ButterYum

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks so decadent! I'm amused by the name, and think my kids would have this first and peas and carrots for dessert!

    ReplyDelete
  10. When I was growing up my mother made Chocolate Gravy, Biscuits, Hash Browns, Scrambled Eggs and Bacon for Sunday breakfast. Dad worked out of town during the week so Sunday breakfast was special for us.

    ReplyDelete