Sunday, May 23, 2010

Chocolate Bread Pudding on a Cloud

Chocolate covered Honey Buns, oh my. Thank you Little Debbie. My son in law brought  these for a camping trip, I hadn't seen them before. They are delicious straight out of the box, heated in the microwave or grilled.  I came up with a recipe that tops any other way. Chocolate Honey Bun Bread Pudding! I will be posting this to Foodie Friday and Tempt my Tummy Tuesday.
Use one Big Pack 19.04 oz box of honey buns. Chop in bite size pieces. Spray a 9x13 pyrex pan with cooking spray. Place pieces into pan.
Mix together: 
one pint 1/2 and 1/2
4 eggs
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 cup sugar
Pour over pieces and press down with a spoon. Chopped pecans can be add to top. Let mixture sit for 30 minutes to let it soak up the liquid.
Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. You want it to be brown around the edges and set in the middle.
Posted by PicasaPlace 4-6 marshmallows in a bowl and microwave for 10-15 seconds, just until they are melted.

Place bread pudding in to middle of marshmallows. Yummy!

8 comments:

  1. Oh my, those look positively sinful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh. My. Goodness. When are you making this again? Because I want to make a special trip to try some!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never seen this recipe before but it looks pretty amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never seen those chocolate honey buns, but this looks incredible!

    Scribbler

    ReplyDelete
  5. mmmm I haven't seen those either, but will be looking for them

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhhh my, this is a must try! Thanks for a fun new creative idea...

    ReplyDelete
  7. W.O.W. I've never seen chocolate covered honey buns! I love how you transformed them and took them to a whole new level! Love it!
    Mickey

    ReplyDelete