Sunday, September 18, 2011

Dutch Oven Stuffed Steak


Whenever we go camping I try to prepare a couple of meals with my cast iron Dutch oven. This was a new recipe and one I will make again. I assembled everything at home except for the soup, put it in a ziplock baggie and  kept it refrigerated until I was ready to cook it. For tips on cooking with your Dutch Oven read my post: Tips for your Dutch Oven .




Use round steak and pound it to tenderize it.

Stuffing:
1 carrot, grated
1 medium onion, diced
1/2 tsp thyme
1/2 tsp sage
1 tsp poultry seasoning
2 1/2 cup bread, cubed
1 tsp beef bouillon granules
1/2 cup water
2 cans cream of mushroom soup
1 tblsp oil
Combine carrots, onion, thyme, sage, poultry seasoning, and bread. Dissolve beef granules with the 1/2 cup water. Add to bread mixture. Mix well. Place on round steak, roll and tie with string. I found this to be very messy and glad that I assembled it at home. Put oil in 12 inch Dutch oven, place on 6 to 8 coals, let oven get hot. Place round steak in oven and lightly brown on all sides. Cover with undiluted soup. Place lid on oven and add 14 to 16 coals on top. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 1/2 hours or until steak is tender.

I plan to share this recipe on these blog parties:

2 comments:

  1. This looks like a delicious Stuffed Steak, we will really enjoy this recipe! Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and hope you are having a great week!
    Come Back Soon,
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete