Thursday, July 14, 2011

Re-Do Wooden Box

I bought this cute wooden box at a yard sale, for a dollar or two. I thought I could re-do it for my son, he could use it as a place to keep his keys, wallet, cell phone etc. Only one side was painted, the rest bare wood.
We live in Oklahoma and my son is an Oklahoma State Cowboy fan, so that was my theme.  I took off the handle and will use it on something else. I gave it a good sanding inside and out. I painted the inside OSU orange and the outside black. I had wanted to play around with crackle paint and this seemed to be the perfect project. I used white paint that crackled showing the black underneath. 
 It was a lot of fun to do and I like the results.
My daughter found the Pistol Pete drawer pulls on sale, it gives him a place to hang things. The legs are wooden candle holders I had bought at Hobby Lobby years ago. I painted them black and used screws to hold them in place. Before I added the drawer pulls I used a spray sealer inside and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment