Monday, April 4, 2011

Mini Strawberry Cake

This tasty delight is made with 4 store bought items. It can be made in about 4 minutes and take about that long to consume!  They are great if you don't have a lot of time to prepare a dessert but still want something that looks elegant! One cake is the prefect serving for one to two people.
Ingredients:
Vanilla Frosting
Strawberry Jam or Preserves
Strawberries
Shortcake
You will use two shortcakes for each cake.
Coat edges of one shortcake with jam and fill center with couple tablespoons of jam. This will be the bottom.
Coat top of another shortcake with jam, set aside. Fill bottom with as many chopped strawberries that you can. Press strawberries into jam. Put top cake on bottom layer and press down.
Frost all over and garnish with strawberries and or more jam. Refrigerate until ready to serve. We ate these the same day I made them so I don't know how well they would do overnight.
Several different fruits could be used peaches, blueberries or raspberries, just use jam to match or not.

I will be sharing this on Gold Star Wednesday,
Foodie Friday, Mouthwatering Monday's,
Full Plate Thursday's, Skip to My Lou, What's Cooking Wednesday,
 Tuesday's at the Table,
Sweets for a Saturday, Sweet Tooth Friday

16 comments:

  1. What an absolutely cute idea! I know I will be making it. I just love individual cakes and this is so fast to whip up. Thanks for the idea. I am thinking fresh whipped cream would also make a great frosting. Joni

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! They are so cute, and look so tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! I just bought some of these little cakes and strawberries the other day...this is so much more fun that just sticking strawberries on top of the cake :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love them, you know how I love mini anythings but these look good too :)
    mickey

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous! So easy! So good! Would you be so kind as to share this recipe with our readers? They will love it! Thanks!
    http://www.talkingdollarsandcents.net/muffin-monday-oatmeal-muffins

    ReplyDelete
  6. Me again. I forgot to mention our link up is Muffin Monday. Hope you can join the party!
    http://www.talkingdollarsandcents.net/muffin-monday-oatmeal-muffins

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi,
    We just love those little sponge cakes. What a great idea to dress them up. That is adorable and looks really delicious! Thank you so much for sharing at Full Plate Thursday and hope to see you next week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How cute are these! And so easy.

    Thanks for linking up with Sweet Tooth Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How adorable, and so clever! Thanks for the great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just love this great idea! We were both thinking strawberries for Foodie Friday :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't think they would last overnight in my house either! They look delicious, a great idea..topping top to bottom...I'll have to see if I can find something similar to these little sponge cakes...I don't think they're available here!I'll keep my eye out, beause I love this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  12. AAAH! What a terrific idea! I can't believe I never thought of it, it makes perfect sense. And the finished product is adorable (I can imagine that it tastes pretty good, too!).

    Stopping by from Foodie Friday :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great quick dessert! My kids would eat this in 2 minutes. We love strawberry shortcake, and the frosting takes it home!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sooo cute! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great idea! Perfect for little gifts! :)

    I'm your newest follower!

    Heather @ Catfish Kisses

    ReplyDelete