Thursday, January 20, 2011

Cheesy Potato Soup

It is snowy where I live in Oklahoma and nothing is better than a great bowl of soup on a wintry day. A wonderful lady made and gave me this Crock Pot recipe last week. I adjusted it a little and added  chicken. This will be made again even when it isn't snowy.

Ingredients:
6 chicken bouillon cubes
5 cups water
2 cups potatoes cubed
2 cups carrots chopped
1 cup  onion chopped
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 (16 oz) Velveeta cheese chopped
1 cup chopped chicken (optional)

Place bouillon cubes, water, potatoes, carrots and onion in crock pot, cook on low for 6 hours. Thirty minutes before serving stir in soup, Velveeta and chicken. Serve when cheese is melted. Serve with crackers or my Cottage Cheese Bread.

I will be sharing this recipe on Gold Star Wednesday's, Foodie Friday, Tempt My Tummy Tuesday, Mouthwatering Monday's, Tuesdays at the Table, Full Plate Thursday

9 comments:

  1. Looks wonderful! I can't wait to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh that sounds delicious! Melted cheese is perfect comfort food.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds delicous -- there is nothing like soup on a snowy winter day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love soup and yours looks amazing!
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love soup on cold days, sounds delicious.
    I read that you just became a grandmother for the first time, me too !!
    Blessings to you dear blogging friend !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how I love Potato Soup, and your Cheesy Potato Soup looks like a little bit of heaven. I would like to have a bowl right now. Thank you so much for sharing this dish with us here at Full Plate Thursday. You have a great week end and please come back!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love potato soup and this looks delicious. Can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Need some of this, we are fixing to get a cold front :) Come over and enter my first give away.
    mickey
    http://monstermama-monstermama.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete