Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Cornbread Baked in Bell Peppers

I recently saw these prepared on a TV cooking show and thought it was a must try. They turned out very tasty. It went well with stew and would be great with homemade chili. We ate pepper and all. I used green peppers but orange or yellow could be used and so could Pablano peppers.

I usually make cornbread from scratch but I used a mix this time for convenience. I prepared it according to the directions on the box but added 2 tablespoons pimentos and 1/2 cup cheese. I box of cornbread mix filled 4 halves of the bell peppers.

Rinse off peppers. Cut your bell peppers in half, take out seeds.
Fill your bell peppers, place on a cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.  You want the tops to be golden brown and the inside not to be doughy.


12 comments:

  1. That is one of the coolest tricks I've seen in a long time! And great choice of boxed mixes...Jiffy has been a long-time favorite of mine. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These were so yummy! I can't wait to have them again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this idea! Thank you so much for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for linking to Gold Star Wednesday!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your recipe is great! I can't wait to try it.
    Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those look so good! I will have to try them.
    mickey

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea! They must taste wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks amazing! I love cornbread AND peppers-thanks:@)

    ReplyDelete
  9. YUM! I completely love this recipe! I love stuffed peppers and this is so much fun! I hope you'll consider bringing it by Friday Potluck at my blog. I look forward to more posts from you, as I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a novel idea! Thanks for the tutorial.

    :)
    ButterYum

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yummy!! I love the looks of this dish! We're having chili next week and I've got to try this. Thanks for sharing.
    ~Holly

    ReplyDelete