Monday, February 8, 2010

Kitchen Remodel Chapter one

We decided several months ago to start remodeling our kitchen. Our home is close to 50 years old and the kitchen needed a facelift . I started by taking down the wall paper above the cabinets. I replaced it with a paintable wallpaper. I painted the wallpaper and the walls the same sage green.
















I then started painting the cabinets doors. This was a time consuming project. My husband and son took the cabinet doors down in stages only 5 or 6 at a time. I didn't want handles on the top any more so using dowel rods, glue and putty, I filled them in.  I sanded, puttied, and sanded again. I cleaned the doors first using mineral spirits then an ammonia and water solution and last just water. I then primed each side with an oil base primer. I chose a cream color for the final coat and used an oil base paint for this as well. 















 Below you can see some of the finished doors.  More to come.....

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment