Sunday, February 7, 2010

Getting Started

Hello,

 This blog is for everyone, but it comes from someone that has been married for several decades, learned how to type on a manual typewriter, high tech was something I saw on the TV show Lost in Space (and not from a rerun), when you wouldn't be caught dead going to church in anything but a dress and pantyhose and when letters where written by hand and mailed. I remember party lines for telephones, three TV channels maybe four if the weather was good, and when someone pumped your gas for you and cleaned your windshield.

My husband and I have raised two great daughters that are now married and we have a 16 year old son still home. I have lived thru pregnancy, labor, breast feeding, weaning, first days of everything, seeing your children become independent, leave home, marry and expect their own children. I have live thru losing a parent. The one thing I have learned is that life is always changing.   I would like to share any wisdom I have and learn from others. 

So with all that said I would like to  post recipes that are suited for busy wives and mothers. Using ingredients that you may already have are can be easily purchased. I am not ashamed to bake something using my bread machine, microwave or a cake mix. I will also try recipes that will be a challenge. I will show my gardening tips and failures. Crafting ideas that use things around the house, you buy at a yard sale  or you need an excuse to visit Hobby Lobby. I  enjoy photography and will show it at it's simplest.

Ecclesiastes  Chapter 3 is wonderful  chapter in the Bible,  life is full of seasons.  I hope you join me for this season of my life.

Our Treasured Home
Rhonda

1 comment: